People feared when our country’s corona count was 100… And now, there is no fear when it is over two lakhs..
The answer lies in the psychological view of the human mind… There is a philosophy called the “Kubler Ross Model”.
That is, when any human goes through any sort of problem, tragedy, natural disaster, accident : they pass through 5 stages or moods or thought process.
They are —
- denial – Refusal to believe such a thing never happened. For example, we all denied that Corona will not come to us. Even it comes , repeated denial that it will not spread to our place due to our hot climatic conditions.
- anger – Getting angry. For example, anger over the loss of income and the loss of normal life due to lockdown.
- bargain – Inwardly lamenting that the Corona may not have come and there should not have been a lockdown at all.
- depression – It happened like this and goes in to mental pressure and depression.
- acceptance – the last stage, the one that actually makes us aware to make the neccessary changes to change or adapt… Simply said, is to accept the situation and find a way out.
These 5 levels are not limited to Corona alone. These apply to almost all the problems or situations we face in our human life..
*** The worst sufferers are the ones who do not reach the last and crucial – Acceptance level and remain stuck in previous levels…